Isn’t it funny how many memes and posts are out there talking about don’t skip leg day? But when you go to the gym the squats racks are usually empty or occupied by bicep curls! Finding folks that trains legs consistently is seemingly very difficult.
If you’re new to leg day, it can be a bit overwhelming and embarrassing trying to make the commitment to it. It can seem like everyone is laughing or judging you because you can’t squat a huge amount. Often, it is enough to make people stay away forever. But before you turn your back for good, try and remember some of the benefits that come with some stronger wheels:
- It helps take stress off your lower back. A weak butt puts more work on your lower back. That can cause a whole chain reaction of problems for everything below the naval. Do some split squats and get that booty growing.
- Burn more fat. The larger muscles in the lower body burn more calories. All the push-ups, biceps curls and crunches in the world can’t compare to the benefits lower body exercises will have on the fat loss journey.
- Proper lower body training is extremely beneficial. It can help maintain your flexibility, strength, and mobility as you get older. If you don’t like keeping father time away, by all means keep doing those curls.
Change your mindset get ready to get serious about turning the chopsticks into oak trees! Get started with this leg day routine below. Make it the first day of many to come for keeping the dust off those leg machines!
Beastly Leg Day Routine
- Barbell Squats – 4 sets x 6 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Dumbbell Step Ups – 3 sets x 8 reps EACH leg
- Good Mornings – 3 sets x 8 reps
- Leg Extension Machine Triple Drop – 1 set x 15 reps – immediately increase weight slightly and perform 12 reps, immediately increase weight slightly and perform 10 more reps
- Standing Calve Raise Machine – 1 set x 15reps Toes Pointed Forward, 1 set x 15reps Toes Pointed Inward, 1 set x 15 reps Toes Pointed Outwards
Tips: As with any exercise, it isn’t about how much you can lift but instead HOW you lift it. Squats and Deadlifts are staple exercises and yet are some of the worst performed with most folks. Put the ego aside and take the time to get the form down for everything you do. Not only will this help with risk of injury, it’ll bring huge benefits to the overall strength and endurance you’re going for.
Of course, using Beast Sports products is a great way to make the most of your leg day. Whether it’s Beast Protein, Beast Mass, Beast Mode Black, Super Test or BCAA 2:1:1, we’ve got a product to help you reach your goals. We’re also giving you a great deal! Use the code BEAST30 to save 30% on ALL Beast Products! Plus get FREE Shipping when you spend $50! That’s a deal that is hard to beat, and the perfect way to make sure you hit leg day every week!